What are 10 things that make you happy????
Here are mine:
1) Thunder and lightning. I love the rain (hence my daughter's name, RayneJ). I even have a CD of thunder storms, it's one of my favorites, so relaxing. I especially love a midday thunder storm, there really is nothing that makes me happier!
2) The perfect summer day at the beach. I love the kind of day where you spend the afternoon down by the ocean, when it hits 5:00pm and the life-guards get everyone out of the water then leave for the day, we just sit there during low tide with our feet in the water, or in a circle talking to one another, eating dinner we packed for the occasion. The kids can swim and play and all the bennies have gone home, only the locals remain. It really is a perfect time, lounging about with the sand in between your toes. Perhaps I could work on cross-stitch or read a magazine. Ahhhh I can't wait!
3) ChapStick makes me happy. I really only like the original kind, you know the kind in the black tube. Nothing is better then smackin' my lips with some good ol' ChapStick . . . really I'm smiling now just thinking about it!
4) Newborn babies make me happy. I LOVE the newborn stage. My sister hates it, she'd much rather deal with a toddler. Not me, I love holding and caring for a newborn. I love rocking a baby to sleep and falling asleep myself while they sleep on my chest.
5) Photography. I love pictures, all kinds. I love looking at my own photographs and I love looking at other people's photos even if I don't know them. There is so much you can tell from a picture and then again there is so much to interpret. I guess that's what I like about it, I often wonder what others think of my pictures if they don't know me.
6) Burnt food. I LOVE burnt food and it makes me so happy to eat it! In our house, if we make cookies I will take the cookies out and then put back a few in the oven so they can get really dark and crisp. Interestingly I like my meat cooked medium-rare, this is the only exception, otherwise please make my food extra crispy!!!!
7) Autumn's laugh makes me extremely happy, not only her laugh but her smile. To have a daughter who is tortured by diagnosis after diagnosis and who is not comfortable in her own skin sometimes, to have her laugh and smile is the best feeling in the world. She has a really, really great laugh, it cracks us all up, and her smile is straight from HeavenJ!!!
8) Fist-pumping with Rayne makes me happyJ! I'm cracking up right now thinking about it. There are key, popular songs on the radio, that when they play, creates a fist-pumping, dance-crazy, reaction for Rayne and I. If you are ever beside us in the car you will know when this reaction occurs, the music will be blasting, the car will be rocking, and you will see both front seat passengers pumping their fists and dancing to the beat!!!!
9) Being alone makes me happy. I love having alone time, not in an anti-social way but just a quiet afternoon is just grand!
10) Being Jesus' hands makes me happy. I love serving God, I'd much rather get my hands dirty then "preach" about God.
Soooo???? What are you waiting for? What makes you happy??????